Thursday, August 12, 2004

Whack Your Yappin' Dog

"We'll crawl through your backyard and whack your yappin' dog" - X

I could have used John Doe and Exene Cervenka last night. It's a rule that the dog barking at 3 AM will always find me and then wake me up. A neighbor's mutt yapped for an hour and my sleep was ruined. And it's not the first time. I always wonder why my neighbor never wakes up. To the dog's credit, it's a loud and forceful bark. After the image of me shooting the stoopid animal with a pellet gun faded, the strains of X's "We're Having More Fun" ran through my head like a skipping record until I finally drifted off. My eyeballs feel like boils and I'm exhausted, but here is a promise for the next post: I'll break down what it's like to live in a small town with such a mundane name.

No comments: