Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Ranting As Usual

Man, I haven't gotten off a good rant in a long time. So here goes:
How can anybody vote for John Kerry in November? The man is a certified waffler so full of nuance I'm surprised he can manage to Lurch his way through life. I wonder if the kind of indecision he exhibits extends to his personal life. "Do I want to put on my left sock first this morning or my right? Maybe I better get my staff to poll the people. I bet if I put on my right sock first they'll think I'm a fascist."
Next on the list: How can people listen to crap like 50 Cent? Gangster rap in general is terrible. The lyrics are hateful and the music is abysmal. I find it comical when somebody refers to some old song as being sexual due to a line of innuendo. Have they not listened to what passes for top forty these days? The sexual lines are right there in the open with no attempt to disguise their crude and base observations. The standard defense of gangster rap is that it is purely a reflection of people's lives. If this is the case, there are some people living like animals out there for one, and two if you are living that sort of life, why in the hell would you want to be reminded of it?
Finally for today: Television is only getting worse and worse. Now that's shooting fish with a remote control.

No comments: