Monday, November 22, 2004

Mundane Monday Enlivened By Old Rockism Debate

Well, a mundane Monday has been enlivened by my friend DD Blank hipping me to rockism debate fueled by Kalefa Sanneh and his article in the NY Times from a few weeks back. I have no links, but just google rockism and you're bound to find lots of information about it. I never knew I was a rockist just because I hated pre-packaged digitally enhanced music. I never knew I was a rockist if I insisted that singers actually sing instead of lip synch. What an education I've gotten thanks to Kalefa Sanneh. His article set off a chain of blog entries on the subject. The best response I've seen was from the fantastic blog Big Green House.
If you want to go straight to the entry without having to look for it go here.

No comments: