Monday, January 17, 2005

Geodesic

When I was a small child I figured we'd all be living in geodesic dome houses by now and taking vacations on the moon. Even though it didn't turn out that way it's still an awesome age to be living in. Buckminster Fuller's genius still lives on at the Buckminster Fuller Institute. If you want to readily find things about the man you can also try this site. Why this sudden interest in the man? Well, I've always been interested, it's just that I'm finally getting around to reading a book I bought years in Atlanta - probably at the Book Nook, but could have come from the late, lamented Oxford Books - titled Bucky: A Guided Tour Of Buckminster Fuller by Hugh Kenner. It's a pretty good book. I like that it approaches Fuller first from a literary viewpoint instead of just a mathematics one.

No comments: