Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Super Bored Already

It's a good thing I've been listening to my Minor Threat albums this week, because I sure do feel "Out Of Step" with the world as the Super Bowl approaches. I've watched my share of the things over the years, but I've figured out I had more fun on Super Bowl Sunday when I ignored the game. I would usually ride up to Nashville with a friend, get some dinner, and then hit Tower Records which would kill about three hours total. Then the drive home would take another forty minutes and by then the game would probably be close to over. If it was warm enough we'd get out our skateboards and do some damage to ourselves and some concrete. The Super Bowl has obviously become this huge American holiday and while I certainly love America, I hate the idea of enforced frivolity. I never have been much on partying - not that I'm a stick in the mud. I just don't get the point of living life like a constant beer commercial. So this year I'm going to try and avoid the Super Bowl. There'll be no Tower Records trip since odds are good Liam will have showed by then or be in the act of showing, but I'll find something else to do with my time. Last year I watched the game, but I didn't watch the half time show, so if I'm avoiding the whole show this year just think how great it'll probably be. That said, I'll take the Patriots plus 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're pretty hardcore, dude!