Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Precursor To Manic Monday

I'm working on a review of the reissue of the Manic Street Preachers The Holy Bible for blogcritics.org, but I'm planning on letting Soulfish Stew have some exclusive stuff that I've never been able to find online - namely some photos of the shortlived Counter Language fanzine that was published in the US by Nicky Wire's brother, Patrick Jones, who has since gone on to fame as a playwright and poet in Great Britain. I contributed some poetry to one of the issues which is my unique connection to the Manics phenomenom. Here's a rather grubby looking picture of the front cover of one of the issues. It was printed on blue paper and since I don't have access to a photo scanner I first had to scan it into a pdf file and then use the photo resource from there.

CL

I plan on putting everything up next Monday so if you know a Manics fan let them know. I hope to fix the grubby look.

No comments: