Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Royal Bangs

Tennessee is blowing up with incredible pop rock bands; The Royal Bangs from Knoxville being the latest to catch Wally's ear here at Soulfish Stew. I'd like to think they took the Bangs part of their name from me, but there's no relation. They played a show at The End last night and I'm sure you're kicking yourself now if you missed it. You say you've never heard of The Royal Bangs? Well, let's remedy that post haste. The Royal Bangs website is a little minimal at the moment, but there are some songs there. My favorite is Robotic Spiders Inside Your Secret Eye with its Bowiesque vocals. Completely charming and post modern rocking.

3 comments:

Wally Bangs said...

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't really hear any Beach Boys in "Robotic Soiders..", but my hearing isn't what it used to be after playing so much loud punk rock in the clubs of Nashville.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i agree with this stuff that's being said but...did anybody listen to the last half of lucas newman vacation log?...wow! these guys are going to do some amazing things i think.hold it together boys.

Anonymous said...

Knoxville has an incredibly vibrant music scene for a town of its size. I guess big university influence. I agree Bangs are one of the primal forces. i have seen couple shows at Pilot Light in town and you never know what they will come up with. great live band