Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why I Moved From Murfreesboro

I grew up in Murfreesboro, TN, but I moved to Smithville 5 years ago. When I run into people I haven't seen in awhile they will often ask me why I moved out of Murfreesboro. Basically, the town got too big without any of the advantages of being big. The town's main thoroughfares are always clotted with bad drivers and if I wanted that I might as well live in Nashville. Of course, some of why I can't stand the city I grew up in is simply the result of time coming along and erasing much of what was memorable about the city in my youth. I'll admit that. My wife is from Smithville and while the town isn't perfect....meth addicts anyone, I can enjoy the small town atmosphere that Murfreesboro once had. And if I want to go to the big town of Nashville, it's just a little over an hour away.

The only reason I bring this up is because I was reminded of just why I dislike Murfreesboro - some idiots went and burned up the big cedar bucket at Cannonsburgh the other night. I guess there's a chance that who did it came from out of town, but I bet it'll turn out to be some stupid local kids.

whoeverdidthisissuperstoopid

No comments: