Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Polyester Was Good Enough For Me

The first job I ever had was at McDonalds on Broad Street in Murfreesboro, TN. It wasn't too bad as far as first jobs go. I worked there through the spring and summer of 1985. I actually went back in 1990 because a friend had become one of the managers and I needed cash to pay for a trip to New York City. Both times I worked there the uniforms sucked - terrible polyester fabric and pants with no front pockets (so your hands would always be busy wiping down the stainless steel or cleaning the grill), but I didn't mind too much that they sucked. If you worked in the kitchen area you would get filthy so why would you want to be wearing something nice. Well polyester isn't good enough for this generation - check this out. I guess it's a nice idea, but no matter how cool the uniform looks the person will still be working at a fast food joint. And that is forever uncool among teenagers. Period.

No comments: