Tuesday, May 29, 2007

CNR RIP

When I was a grade school age every afternoon was spent this way: grab a Coke and a honeybun, turn on CBS and watch Match Game before heading out to play until supper. The double entendre jokes went right over my head, but still I loved that show. Rayburn was like a funnier version of my father, Fannie Flagg reminded me of a favorite aunt, Richard Dawson was cool, Brett Sommers was annoying which gave me something to hate about the show, and Charles Nelson Reilly was the absolute best part of the show. Later; the Dead Milkmen would sing his praises in "Serrated Edge" and I have to say that is one of the things running through my mind this morning after learning of Reilly's death. I'm not the only one: you can check out the tune at Soundbites and Heart On A Stick. Who's gonna play the Dirty Bubble on Spongebob now?

No comments: