Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Thunderstorm Consciousness

Man, we've had big freaking thunderstorms all day today. Though it's not out of the question in January, it's still a bit odd for Tennessee. So instead of freezing cold and gray days we have rain all day to give us a good dose of the winter blues. It was a bit damp on the morning walk today, but the rain let up just for me. My neighbor has these huge wind chimes on his porch and they sounded great this morning. They give off a sweet sound and not in the least loud. It seems like they only ring as I'm walking by. When the weather gets too crappy to enjoy the outdoors I guess I'll learn how to twirl a pencil or pen. I work for a Japanese owned automobile parts manufacturer and pen twirling is an art in which the Japanese excel. Maybe it's due to the numerous meetings they like to have. It's a good way to pass the time.

No comments: