Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Wally's Back

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a few weeks (and after being added to the Rocky Top Brigade - thanks South Knox Bubba), but I've been hella busy at work and at home. If you've read my profile, you've noticed that I work in the automotive industry. Well, October is APR month for us and it's been a fun month. The company I work for supplies components to OEM's and every year we are asked for an Annual Price Reduction that usually kicks in during October. Since I'm an account manager it means changing many quotes and submitting them to the customer. This is a big deal during normal years, but this past year has seen steel costs skyrocket based on several factors and we've been trying to get our major customers to help us with this cost since most of the parts we supply (seat adjusters and window regulators) are primarily made of steel. So, instead of many new quotes, it means we've redone all of our quotes several times over while negotiating with our customers. It looks like we're going to resolve the issue soon, but once we do it means we will have to change every quote one last time so November's going to be a blast too.

I hope everybody's going out and voting today. I voted weeks ago and even though I was asked if I had committed any felonies since I had last voted I didn't feel intimidated. I just laughed and went and made my choice between dumb and dumber knowing that the lawyers will probably decide in the end.

I should get back to more frequent posts soon on the usual subject: popular culture and my life.

No comments: