As Dwayne Nelson says, "hey, hey, hey," it's time for another edition of Tuesday Tunes. Lots of YouTube music videos that have tickled my fancy over the last few weeks. Underwritten by the Rest Home for Aging Generation Xers. No Angine de Poitrine detected so this is a safe place.
Here's Smush. I dig the fencing outfits as they take me back to that episode of Happy Days in which Fonzie has to win a fencing match. Alt 90's sound with some sweet drumming and verse transitions.
Smush - Milkweed Butterfly
We stick around Brooklyn, but the images are from the 1967 documentary Rouli-roulant (sometimes called The Devil's Toy) directed by Claude Jutra in Montreal, Canada, for the tune "Paralyzed" by Calla which is a remake of their own tune "Stand Paralyzed" from 2007.
Calla - Paralyzed
This is becoming a New York centric Tuesday Tunes, but if that's where the muse is coming from this week so be it. My daughter Emmy got to see Lip Critic live last week in Minneapolis and she said they stole the show. Their Theft World album released earlier this year is still the best release of 2026 for me.
Lip Critic - Shoplifting
Speaking of the daughter, she's come down to Tennessee this week as we are off to see The Beths again, this time in Knoxville at Mill & Mine where I saw Peter Hook and the Light a long time ago. This is an all request show which should be super fun. Here's one of the numbers I will request. Hope it gets picked!
The Beths - You Wouldn't Like Me
Horse Jumper of Love - Orange Peeler
Here's some legit Generation X boys: Jonny Master and the Beta Club with their patented Chuck Rock.
Jonny Master and the Beta Club - Never B4
How about a super old school garage rock tune by Billy & The Kids with a video just uploaded on September 28, 2026 featuring footage from the aforementioned Rouli-roulant. It's wild how one discovers an old documentary from a music video and then sees footage from the same documentary a day later.
Billy & The Kids - When I See You
I'll leave you with a tune that MJ Lenderman should really consider covering. I think it would be perfect for him. I leave you with a KISS!
KISS - Mistake studio demo

No comments:
Post a Comment