Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Soulfish Stew Is Born!

Back in my college days I spent alot of time day dreaming and drinking, so various ideas would pop in and out of my mind. One idea that bubbled up was making a fanzine similar to Cometbus to document my perpetually alienated mindset. That particular fanzine never went beyond the idea phase, but its title was to have been Soulfish Stew. I can't recall very much meaning in the title, except that I liked the way it sounded. I later did achieve my dream of ink glory with a short lived free 'zine titled ANTI*SOCIETY that was distributed at Lucy's Record Shop in Nahsville, TN during 1994. It garnered rave reviews in issues of Flipside and Grand Royal Magazine. It was a hand made cut and paste 'zine devoted primarily to music and I loved making it, but I got a full-time job at another local record store, Phonoluxe, and I just didn't have the time to devote to it.

I hope to recapture that love I had crafting a 'zine with this weblog. The topics will be where ever my head is at - for any given time. I'm all over the place with my likes and dislikes. I can come off sweet and nice, but I can be acerbic and just downright mean sometimes. Soulfish Stew is primarily for me, but if others find it enjoyable I'll be very pleased. I hope to make an interesting and readable stew. The college era drinking may have stopped, but the day dreaming has not.

wally bangs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Wally,good Rock and Roll and other things blog,can you write me at almudeno69 -at- yahoo com -It's a bout some shows and photos posted