Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Band Of The Week: E-1's

First off I want to wish my daughter Harper Lee a great 3rd birthday! She is a swell kid who makes every day an adventure. Kids are just awesome – you can’t wait to see what happens as they grow up.

I wanted to be a scientist when I grew up, and then when CB radios became the rage I decided I wanted to be a truck driver. I used to know the lyrics to Convoy by heart. I finally settled on becoming a writer. I may not be published yet, but I still have hopes that I can accomplish that goal soon. If I could learn the math and how to drive a big rig I might have a shot at becoming a mad scientist truck driving writer. That would be scary.

Speaking of scary things; be sure to check out Nashville horror rockers, the Creeping Cruds, at http://www.creepingcruds.com/. They’ve got a spooktacular website. They are supposed to show up this Friday night at the Sherlock Holmes Pub in Nashville as part of a benefit show for the family of Jack Hunter Daves who passed away recently. Jack was well known, but even better liked by folks all across Middle Tennessee. Jack was a member of this week's Band of the Week: The Exotic One’s or just the E-1’s to their die hard fans. The show begins at 8 PM and there is no cover charge. Share your memories of Jack, drink some beer, give what you can, and enjoy the monster rock.

3 comments:

TORTUGA! said...

Welcome to the RTB!

Anonymous said...

I heard on the radio (all the way down here) that Big Boi rocked MTSU. - shrub

Wally Bangs said...

Thanks for the welcome, Rex!! As soon as RTB accepts my blog I had to go and not post for a few weeks, shucks. The posts should become more frequent again soon.