Friday, February 09, 2024

Upcoming Posts

I'm still here. I was working on a project to compile all of the bullets from the local Nashville pop music top ten lists through the Seventies, but that got to be tedious. I was using the old Tennessean Sunday Showcases, but I don't even know if I got through all of 1970. A bullet on a music chart, in case you were wondering, is when a song first appears on it. It's what Lynyrd Skynyrd was talking about in their song "Gimme Back My Bullets." They wanted their hits back. I learned that The Beatles hit number 1 on the Nashville chart immediately with "Let It Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" in 1970. 

I may return to that project someday, but I don't know if it would be all that interesting. If I lost interest, how could I expect anyone else to be interested in it? So I've found myself doing a different compilation. As a very few might know, I was once in a garage rock band named Dragula that performed gigs in the mid 1990's in Nashville and Murfreesboro. One of the places we played often was the now legendary Lucy's Record Shop. I posted not too long ago about the Lucy's podcast which I enjoyed. Since I have yet to stumble across a complete listing of all of the artists that played Lucy's I decided to compile my own unauthorized list like I did with my post on KO Jams. So we will journey from late 1992 through January 1998. I will break it up over multiple posts much like my movie listing compilations. I'm going to be adding photos I've found from social media (providing photo credits if known), flyers, and I will even, maybe, go back to embedding YouTube videos with either performances from Lucy's or perhaps music videos of the acts just so you can hear them. 

I think these posts will start coming your way beginning in April. I'm just into 1995, but plan on finishing the initial calendar this weekend. Then there will be some cross referencing to do with some other sources. Then it will time to start putting the posts together. Finally, here's a request: if you have any Lucy's memories, photos, or flyers to share send them my way. You can get my email from my profile. Thanks!

No comments: