Monday, March 08, 2021

Monday Music

It's time, once again, to run a somewhat frequent feature at this blog called Monday Music. I share a bunch of music videos and if you make sure you're looking at the web version you can enjoy the videos too. I might one day make all of these posts into a playlist, but for now I like it this way. 

First up is Canadian AOR band Haywire with a superbly 80's video for "Standing In Line." I would have thumbed my nose in disdain for this back in the 80's, but I love this stuff now. 

Haywire

Lest you think I've gone down the AOR path completely, here is some relatively recent music that I love. Lindsey Jordan of Snail Mail is great. 

Snail Mail

This Shins video encapsulated quite a bit of the musical artists I loved from the independent scene so I took notice. It helped that the song was great. 

The Shins

"Forever Young" is an awesome tune made even more awesome with this cover by Australia's Youth Group. The video is perfect. 

Youth Group

The Breeders with a hypnotic tune and the video is an homage to Black Sabbath. Can't beat that.

The Breeders

There are often times when Pulp is my favorite of the Brit-pop bands of the 90's. This is one of those times. I think my friend D.D. Blank loves this tune because of all of the "yeah, yeah, yeahs."

Pulp - Babies

I do believe this is a copacetic Monday Music. 

Local H

Bonus, in case you want to compare Black Sabbath to the Breeders.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man








No comments: