Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

June 23, 1985. There wasn't much going on for me at this time other than work and hanging out with my friends either at the Pizza Machine game room or at the old Rebel Maid drive in restaurant where a couple of the gang worked that summer. We would also get together and play basketball. I was looking forward to the annual trip to Mississippi with my mother which was coming up soon. I knew that we would definitely visit Memphis too since I was supposed to get a tour of the Memphis State campus where I had been accepted for the fall semester. I would end up getting that tour, but didn't get to go to school there. That's another story for another blog post. Right now I just want to share one of the craziest headlines ever from The Daily News Journal. Nice hip touch by Mike West noting the Cheech & Chong film in the story. 



No comments: