Friday, September 22, 2023

September 22, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

September 22, 1985. The first Farm Aid was held on this day. I hope it helped some farmers out. The concert featured Willie Nelson, John Cougar Mellencamp, and Neil Young among others including one red rocker Sammy Hagar who was joined on stage by Eddie Van Halen thus confirming that the David Lee Roth era Van Halen was over. I liked Hagar as a solo artist and with Montrose, but I was not too keen on a new version of Van Halen. I would get 5150 when it was released in 1986 and see them in concert, but it wasn't quite the same without Diamond Dave.


No comments: