Monday, October 02, 2023

October 2, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

October 2, 1985. There is an ad in the paper for my future employer Mazzio's Pizza. I think I may have already been hired at this point. I had seen a sign by the highway that Mazzio's was hiring to open a new restaurant. The building wasn't quite finished at this point as I recall getting my application from a trailer on the site. We would do all of our hiring paperwork at a local hotel meeting room on a Friday night. We got a spiel about what we would be expected of us and one of the owners asked what was our objective with the the person who yelled out "Make money!" receiving $5 for giving the correct answer. We would all meet at the finished restaurant a few days later and all pitch in to make pizzas, sandwiches, and nachos for all of us to eat. The next night we began training and soon enough the doors were open to the public. I'll copy an old 2006 post I made in a week or two and update it to chronicle that era of my life. 


No comments: