Sunday, October 22, 2023

October 22, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

October 22, 1985. Heart comes to play Municipal with Autograph opening. Talk about the difference a few years makes for both acts. Heart did play Municipal on their last tour, but they were definitely a band on a downward spiral. Autograph had opened for Van Halen in February 1984, but didn't stay on stage long that night in Municipal Auditorium as they were chased off by the crowd's boos and projectiles of all kinds. I still owe their drummer an apology for chucking an empty liquor bottle at him. Both bands were now riding high on the charts. I didn't go to the concert, but I'm sure my homeboy Tim X made the scene.


2 comments:

Geomagnus said...

I always wondered who threw that bottle at the drummer!

Wally Bangs said...

I wasn't the only one. I did make up for it by buying their album when it came out.