Sunday, October 08, 2023

October 8, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

October 8, 1985. I probably had the job at Mazzio's Pizza by now, but the restaurant wouldn't open until October 21. College was still going along, but I was spending most of my time in the library and ditching classes often. The exciting thing for me was the upcoming American League Championship Series with my beloved Kansas City Royals facing off against the Toronto Blue Jays beginning on this night. 

If baseball wasn't your priority, but heavy metal was (which was usually the case with me) then you could go see Dio at Municipal Auditorium on this night. The opening act was Rough Cutt. The "Sacred Heart Tour" would be so successful for Ronnie James Dio that he would actually come around again on the next year where I would finally get to see him live for the first time. 


No comments: