Sunday, November 12, 2023

November 12, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

November 12, 1985. I should have been at this concert, but I naively thought it was sold out. R.E.M. played Memorial Gym at Vanderbilt on this night. It was an epic concert with multiple encores, and Jason Ringenberg from Jason and the Scorchers making a cameo that saw him becoming a peacemaker between Bill Berry and Michael Stipe after they got into a fight per the linked review at Setlist. It must have been wild. The Tennessean however made no mention of this in their review which was a bit of a jumbled up mess. I did buy an original program from this tour just this year at least. 


No comments: