Wednesday, November 15, 2023

November 15, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

November 15, 1985. It's another concert I didn't attend. What was wrong with me? This time it's AC/DC at Municipal Auditorium on their Fly On The Wall tour. Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force was the opener. Ticket prices weren't too bad at $14.50 so maybe I had to work that night, or it could have been that I wasn't too impressed by the Fly on the Wall album. I would see AC/DC live a few years later and they were great. I had seen Yngwie the year before when he played with Alcatrazz at the One For The Sun concert at Hermitage Landing. 



This concert was a sellout per the Tennessean. They were really pushing the band as being controversial seeing as how AC/DC's old song "Let Me Put My Love Into You" was on the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen list. I guess "Sink the Pink" was too obtuse for Tipper Gore and PMRC cronies. Here's the review of the show from the November 16, 1985 Tennessean.



No comments: