Tuesday, November 14, 2023

November 14, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

November 14, 1985. Barry Manilow comes to perform at Municipal Auditorium. I had been a big fan of Barry back in the 70's when I was a child, but I was too busy working and flunking out of my first semester of college to keep up with him during this time. I wonder if my friend Tim X went to this concert? Dig Robert K. Oermann's back handed review from the November 15, 1985 Tennessean. I have never gotten why critics use "showbiz" as a putdown in describing a show. Click on the photos to make them larger. 


   





No comments: