Thursday, March 17, 2005

What Am I Reading

Since the what I am listening to post was so well received, how about a what I'm reading post to go along with it. As those who have ever clicked on my profile know I work in the automotive business so I am currently reading The Reckoning by David Halberstam written in 1986. It's a historical look at the paths taken by the American and Japanese automobile industries and at the inevitable collision of ideas. Since I work for a Japanese company, it was interesting to learn about how much American input there was into the quality and production ideas they would use to take on Detroit. I'm also reading a novel about business loaned to me by a colleague titled The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox. I'm not far enough in it to have an opinion on it. The reviews I've seen at Amazon are split down the middle on it.

See it's not all television and rock and roll here at Soulfish Stew. I sometimes play the businessman, too.

No comments: