Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thursday Tunes (Happy New Year)

2020 is almost over. It's been memorable. It's been miserable with death never out of sight. It's a year that most will want to put in their rear view mirror. Yet, I know some people that got married this year. I know some people that had children this year. I know people that never ran out of toilet paper. My family and I got through it. I can't speak for all of them, but I plan on punching 2021 in the face. There will be blog posts, but perhaps fewer. There will be more music by me on my YouTube channel. I might even do some real live blogging at some point. I'm ending 2020 with lots of songs about years and time along with a bonus 70's section with either the title or a year in the 70's mentioned in the lyric. 

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year in 2021. 

How many people here tonight believe in rock and roll

Come get up, my baby

Year one in society

stowin' away the time

time keeps on slippin' into the future

all is quiet on New Year's Day

don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up 

parties weren't meant to last



Let's revisit the Seventies in song title or lyric.

1970

No Surprize

1972

1973

Rock This Town

1975

1976

1977

1978

1979

No comments: