Monday, November 07, 2022

November 7, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

November 7, 1984. I think everyone knew before they went to bed on November 6, that Ronald Reagan would win re-election over Walter Mondale. The final tally percentage wise mirrored the mock election held at Riverdale the previous month. I was only 17 so I didn't get to vote in this one. I've voted in every election since and I can't really say if it's made much difference who I voted for in the end all these years. That's cynical, but that's my nature. There were times I liked Reagan and times I didn't based on what he did or didn't do. I can pretty much say that about most of the Presidents in my lifetime. 

No comments: