Thursday, February 16, 2023

February 16, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

February 16, 1985. Johnny Parsley Memorial Gym was rocking as the Riverdale Warriors boys team won their final regular season game 63-50 over Warren County. This gave them a perfect 22-0 mark heading into the district playoffs!! They were the first RHS team to go undefeated in a season and were the only undefeated team in AAA high school basketball. They would be the number 1 seed in the upcoming district tournaments with Sparta their next opponent. I still have my regular season schedule which I stowed away in my yearbook. I had kept up with the wins that year including adding in the March of Dimes Classic tournament win over Overton. 22-0 jack!!! The girls finished their season 11-11.


February 17, 1985 DNJ story

No comments: