Saturday, April 22, 2023

April 21 & 22, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

April 21 & 22, 1985. There was an April heatwave going on in Murfreesboro in 1985. I guess it makes sense after the snowy winter. The high temperature was 87 degrees. Some might think it was due to the Hank Williams Jr. concert on April 21st at M.T.S.U.'s Murphy Center, but other than a few fights there was no reports of fires being started inside the arena on that night, unlike when Hank would play Starwood a few years later. I was probably working at McDonalds on April 21st. The restaurant gave out coupons just to Franklin Road Baptist and we would get busloads of children on Sundays after church. It was always busy as hell and just weird. If you asked me it was rowdy enough at Mickey D's. 


Tennessean review April 22, 1985

Tennessean April 22, 1985

M.T.S.U. Sidelines review April 23, 1985

Trust me, it was hot


No comments: