Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

July 13, 1985. I think must of us at a certain age remember Live Aid. It was a big deal. Huge concerts in London and Philadelphia were held to raise money to fight hunger in Ethiopia. The concerts were spearheaded by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure (don't forget Midge!) and were star studded affairs. It saw the reunion of Black Sabbath with Ozzy and a Led Zeppelin appearance too. Queen and U2 were perhaps the biggest highlights, but I would only see their performances years later as I was stuck at McDonald's from noon until 8PM that day. I only caught a few fleeting glimpses in the break room (I saw Madonna and the Thompson Twins and Tom Petty) and then later I did get to see Mick Jagger and Tina Turner tear it up followed by Bob Dylan with Keith Richards and Ron Wood. I have no clue why I didn't tune in before I went to work. I'm going to embed some videos so who knows how long they will stay.


Into the Groove

Refugee


Sunday Bloody Sunday

We Are The Champions

State of Shock/It's Only Rock 'n' Roll

Blowin' in the Wind



No comments: