Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

July 23, 1985. I went to see Back to the Future at some point in July and this day makes sense to me as it was bargain night at the Martin Four where it was playing. I went alone as I often would. The theatre wasn't super crowded and I was able to lose myself in the wonderful story that felt like it was written just for me. I was into rock and roll, science fiction, and felt like the world was against me just like the character Marty McFly. Plus, I was a big fan of the television show Family Ties for a couple of reasons: Justine Bateman as Mallory was every teen boy's dream girl and Alex P. Keaton played by Michael J. Fox was a dynamic and interesting character. I liked the movie then, but it's only recently after rewatching it along with the sequels has it become one of my favorite films of all time. 





No comments: