Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

December 15, 1984. The Riverdale Warriors boys basketball team is continuing to cruise as they beat the White County Warriors on December 14. That was a typical Friday night for me my senior year. Go see the Riverdale Warriors play and then either go home or go spend an hour or so at the Pizza Machine game room over on Broad Street. I talked about not attending any high school dances since my freshman year a few posts back and I think my memory is a little suspect on that one. I recalled not going to any dances until late in my senior year when I deejayed one, but I now recall that I did go to at least one dance during the basketball season that year. The reason I remember it is because a good friend of mine came to a dance very drunk and my friend D.D. Blank saw him and he gathered us all together to make sure our drunk friend didn't get into any trouble as he had a bright future and we wouldn't have wanted him to screw that up. We were successful in protecting him that night and he went on to great things. Sorry for the poor quality of the first clipping, but the second one from the December 17th DNJ of Archie is good.




No comments: