Sunday, December 18, 2022

December 18, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

December 18, 1984. The Warriors basketball teams both won at Manchester the night before. This should be the last game before the semester exams with games resuming on the 21st. The Warrior football team has 6 players picked for the All District team too. Christmas was just a week away. Wow. I would go see the movie Dune on this night by myself since it was bargain night at the Martin. I remember the accelerator sticking in my car on Thompson Lane right before the bridge over Stones River heading into town. At first, I thought this was neat, my old car now has cruise control, until it kept accelerating and then a mild bit of panic set in until I dislodged it back to normal. I enjoyed the movie even though it could never hope to equal the book which had been a favorite of mine from junior year.



"A beginning is a very delicate time." Dune trailer


No comments: