Thursday, January 12, 2023

January 12, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

January 12, 1985. I went to Nashville to see the Riverdale Warriors boys team win their 14th game on the season with no losses. D.D. Blank drove us up. It was the first of many adventures D.D. and I would have over the years. This was a fun day, but I ended up losing my wallet. It must have fallen out of my pocket after the game. It had my voter's registration card, driver's license, social security card, and $10 in it. I didn't know D.D.'s phone number at this time, but after getting in the house and noticing my wallet was gone I started calling every surname in the phonebook that matched his hoping the wallet had maybe fallen out in the car. I think I called lots of wrong numbers that night and my wallet was indeed lost. Months later I got a letter and my driver's license, voter card, and social security card were in it which is why I still have my very first photo I.D. driver's license (they are normally destroyed when you get a new one at renewal time) which is kind of neat, but not worth that missing $10.

We stayed for all 3 games on this date just so we could see the Columbia team led by 6'7" Larry Marks. He was definitely impressive and we wondered whether we would meet them in the regional tournament finals as both squads looked to be heading that way. Time would tell.

No comments: