Sunday, January 29, 2023

January 29, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

January 29, 1985. One of the fun things about this look back at my senior year of high school is figuring out exactly what I was doing on certain dates. Events I had forgotten are suddenly remembered which is a real thrill. Then there are days like this one. We were out of school due to the snow with temperatures barely crawling over freezing. I know that thanks to the newspaper archives. I suppose I just listened to music, read some, and watched television. So, it was in general, a nothing sort of day. We probably have those more often than truly memorable ones. I was pondering some things the other day as I drove around town: there are several events in my life historically that are grand scale before and after events, for example 9/11 and the covid pandemic. I thought to myself, I'd really prefer to have not lived through these things, but would rather have had more nothing sort of days. 

No comments: