Sunday, January 08, 2023

January 8, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

January 8, 1985. A normal Tuesday night for me would be watching television like Who's the Boss, but on this night an Elvis special and The Thorn Birds mini-series was on so, instead, I went to a concert at M.T.S.U.'s Boutwell Arts. The funky rock group Xavion were taking a break from opening for Hall & Oates and played a one off in Murfreesboro. I believe the concert was either free or very low dollar. I had not heard of them before, but they were great. I don't recall who I went with, but it may have been the Gonz or perhaps Bruno. Here's a photo from the January 11th M.T.S.U. Sidelines newspaper.


Xavion - Eat Your Heart Out from 1984

In other news around Murfreesboro, the an estimate showed an 11,000 person increase in the county since 1980 so officials were mulling over calling a special census. Heck, nowadays there are probably 11,000 new people in Rutherford County every few months. 

There was going to once again be piped in music around the courthouse after a year of silence. The tradition had started in 1965, but had always been on and off. 

No comments: