Monday, August 21, 2023

August 21, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.


August 21, 1985. Municipal Auditorium was the place to be on August 21st and August 22nd of 1985. Night Ranger came to still rock in Nashville on this night with Southern AOR band Van Zant opening. I was lost in limbo at this point having quite my job at the Murfreesboro McDonald's on Broad Street thinking I was headed to Memphis for college, but having found out I wasn't. I don't know why I didn't just go back as I'm sure the owner would have loved to have me, but I had decided the Smyrna McDonald's was closer to my house so I was either about to start working there or was already working there. Either way, I wasn't in a position to go to this concert. 

"Sister Christian" had been a big favorite of mine the year before and I had a taped copy of the Midnight Madness album which I would crank up while driving around town. I still think it's a great record all these decades later. They got a nice write up before the concert in the Sunday Tennessean. You can click on the photos and make them bigger if you need.



So, I stayed at home on August 21st or maybe I worked the night shift at the Smyrna McDonald's, but I'm sure at least a few of my friends went to Municipal Auditorium on this night to get lost on "Sentimental Street."

Thanks to the miracle of this being written 38 years later we can fast forward to the August 22, 1985 Tennessean and read the review of the concert. 




No comments: