Wednesday, August 23, 2023

August 23, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

August 23, 1985. It was high school football time in Tennessee again. I was now an alumnus of Riverdale which was a little strange. I'm pretty sure DD Blank was still in town before he headed off to college so we went to the high school football jamboree where the Warriors took on the Hendersonville Commandos. I may have gone to the final game of the season later in the fall, but this may have been my only football game. Basketball would be a different story as I would go to as many of those games as possible. The Warriors had decided to add the Washington Redskins logo to their helmets which I didn't like. I preferred them just having the numbers on them. It worked that night though, as they beat Hendersonville.

No comments: