Tuesday, August 22, 2023

August 22, 1985 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

August 22, 1985. Stephen Pearcy and his gang came to Nashville tonight to Ratt & Roll!!! Y & T and Bon Jovi opened the concert at Municipal Auditorium. I didn't go to this show, but I had seen Y & T the year before and they were great. I was supposed to have seen Bon Jovi back in the spring of 1984 as they were opening for Ted Nugent then, but they didn't show at that concert, even though their tour bus was parked outside the venue. We got The Nerve instead that night. I would see Ratt live a few years later, but never saw Bon Jovi in concert, which I don't consider a big loss. Here's a review from the day after.

Photo from the August 23, 1985 Tennessean



No comments: