Thursday, September 03, 2020

Electric Cowboy Pop Festival 1983

The one thing I probably wanted the most in September of 1983 was to go to the Electric Cowboy Pop Festival which was being held from September 3-5 on the Webster Farm in Columbia. I didn't get to go (neither did the group Madness), but would love to hear if any of my readers was able to attend.

August 14, 1983 ad


August 28, 1983 ad

The intent of this festival was to have it annually, but I believe the 1983 edition was the only one. There was going to be something called Starfest '84, but it never happened.  The Electric Cowboy Festival however still reverberates to this day for those who went to it and for those, like me, that only dreamed of going. There is a Facebook page devoted to it and lots of newspaper stories, but the best place on the web I've found for it is Electric Cowboy Festival Archive which has transcribed almost every article about the festival including some I've posted here.


  












No comments: