Friday, September 09, 2022

September 9, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

September 9, 1984. This is the second day of the Smyrna Aviation Days. I always loved seeing the planes flying over Smyrna. I was probably there for at least one day, either the 8th or 9th. One year I was even living in Smyrna when the Air Force Thunderbirds came for the air show. My mother's best friend lived on Peachtree Street in Smyrna so we would go visit her when we didn't live in Smyrna. You didn't need to go to the airport to enjoy the sights in the skies, though I did pay to get into the actual show once. It was awesome to see planes up close. The Navy Blue Angels were the featured attraction in 1984. 


September 8th photo from DNJ

Blue Angels photo from September 10 DNJ

Bonus content if you want to know the scores of the high school football games from September 7, 1984.







No comments: