Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday Tunes

It's Tuesday again so here's some tunes I've been enjoying lately. 

Hans Pucket have brought out their second video for their forthcoming No Drama album. This time we get the title track from these New Zealand wunderkinds. I'm looking forward to getting this on vinyl when it's released on November 4. 

No Drama

Maybe, just maybe, if I am super lucky Hans Pucket will tour with The Beths next year here in the USA. That would be cool since I have tickets to see The Beths next year in Nashville at the Brooklyn Bowl. The Beths latest video release is for the tune "Knees Deep" and it is as incredible as everything they have been putting out lately. Their new full length album Expert In A Dying Field will hit the shelves around September 16. 

Bungee time!

My 17 year old son was gifted a free Damned and Blondie show at the Grand Ole Opry House a few weeks ago. He said Debbie Harry had lots of energy for a lady in her 70's. Blondie has always been a favorite of mine and the whole family. 

The Tide is High as a Darth Vader looking character watches

I don't have a clue if I had just forgotten or only just learned this week that Phantasm director Don Coscarelli directed the great video for Dio's "The Last in Line." It's a song and video that holds up.

Meeno Peluce in one of his best roles

I don't know how I didn't hear the Beach Fossils before stumbling across them on Bandcamp the other day, but I dig what I hear and, of course, if you put skateboarding in a video I will always pay attention.

"Sugar" from the Beach Fossils album Somersault

I'm not a massive fan of artists going back and tweaking their old music, but this Dexy's release might be an exception for me. Kevin Rowland and company are such underrated artists. A triple CD comes out on October 14th. I haven't hit that pre-order button yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

Come On Eileen as it should have sounded

Let's finish off this post with a clip and a tune from one of my childhood favorite films: Trocadero Bleu Citron. I recently saw it again for the first time in decades and although it was all in French with no English subtitles I believe I still got it. It aired on HBO often when we first got cable TV in 1979 and it was a favorite with its skating scenes. 

Scene from Trocadero Bleu Citron

Shake

















No comments: