Sunday, October 02, 2022

October 2, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

I'm going back through what comprised my senior year of high school and first semester of college in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Come along for the ride. New posts every day or so mixed in with other things.

October 2, 1984. Local Murfreesboro television station Channel 39 announces it will move to all religious programming by November 1. That is a bummer. 

The Wild Life is playing at the Martin Four so I went to see it on this night since Tuesday was bargain night. It was the first rated R movie I ever saw in a theater. It was a must since Eddie Van Halen contributed an instrumental titled "Donut City" to it along with lots of background music that ended up becoming Van Halen songs later. I thought the movie was fun and I especially liked the Ilan Mitchell-Smith character Jim Conrad. I still watch it every now and then. Lee Ving of Fear is great in it too.


The Wild Life trailer

Louise Goffin and Charlotte Caffey - No Trespassing

Hanover Fist - Metal of the Night

Edward Van Halen - Donut City



No comments: