Tuesday, August 02, 2022

August 2, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

When I said I was going to chronicle my senior year and beyond of high school I wasn't kidding. This whole thing is like a diary of sorts. Probably will be better as a whole, but for now you'll get it a day or two at a time. I would begin my senior year of high school later in August so we're starting in that month. August 1st was chronicled yesterday if you missed it. 

August 2, 1984. The reception was spotty but I tried to catch Murfreesboro's channel 39's At the Video every evening at 6:30PM hoping to catch some decent rock and roll. It was this show that introduced me to the White Animals and The Style Council. The Daily News Journal had an ad about the local downtown JC Penney to close forever on September 3rd. It was not a store we shopped at frequently, but I have fond memories of those rare times we went there. I loved the staircase that led to the second floor and would spend much of my time just going up and down it. 









No comments: