Thursday, August 11, 2022

August 11, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

This is a diary of sorts chronicling August, 1984 through to December 1985 or somewhere thereabouts. Check back every day or so for new entries.

August 11, 1984. Summer Olympics in Los Angeles are in full swing. I don't watch them. I would end up meeting Mary Lou Retton many years later. She was tiny. 

Reagan jokes about bombing Russia in 5 minutes. I probably went to the Grand Ole Opy with Jimmy C. Newman on this day since he played a matinee in addition to playing the Opry that night. I would usually just wander the park by myself, but I still managed to have fun. 

The Jacksons play their second night of three at Neyland Stadium. The Sunday Tennessean will have this great photo grace the front page of the August 12th edition. 



No comments: