Thursday, August 04, 2022

August 4, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

This is a diary of sorts chronicling August, 1984 through to December 1985 or somewhere thereabouts. Check back every day or so for new entries.

August 4, 1984. It was Saturday which meant I'd watch pro wrestling from 11-12 on channel 17. Then I'd probably ride into Murfreesboro with my father. We'd pick up my uncle from this shack in Dilton where he lived at the time. He would always ask me to unplug his stove before we left as he was afraid if left plugged in it would catch the house on fire. I once got a considerable size shock from doing this and I've been wary of electric outlets ever since. 

I definitely watched the Late Night with David Letterman's 2nd anniversary show (even though it was a rerun as it originally aired on February 4, 1984) from 10:30-12 and the local comedy/music video show Misc. followed at midnight on WSMV channel 4. Co-hosts Mike Bohan and Mike Donegan were great with wry comedy segments between the latest hot music videos. I wish full length episodes were out there. 

Promo for the Letterman special

2nd anniversary special of Late Night with David Letterman

Misc. (Mike and Mike try to get Dan Miller to guest on their show)






No comments: