Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tuesday Tunes

It's another dose of what I've been enjoying music wise. First up is the ever awesome Hans Pucket who've released "My Brain is A Vacant Space" off their upcoming album No Drama which was produced by The Beths's Jonathan Pearce. It won't come out until November which is a long time to wait, but I've already pre-ordered the vinyl. 

Hans Pucket - My Brain is A Vacant Space

Fellow New Zealand band The Beths have a new album called Expert In A Dying Field coming out in September. I've pre-ordered that one also. They've released a couple of great tracks from it including the title cut. Beth Stokes just stays on a roll with her brilliant songs. Both Hans Pucket and The Beths are on Carpark Records. There are lots of other great artists on their roster so check out the catalog. 

Expert In A Dying Field

YouTube recommended this cat to me the other day. I discovered he was from Philly on Bandcamp. I would guess he knows Kurt Vile. Maybe. This tune is short and chill.

Anthony Green - So It Goes

Do any of my readers have relatives they are compared to? I always hated that. But I love this song. 

The Undertones - My Perfect Cousin

Did you know I was once an audience member of a big time rock and roll video? Well, I was. I don't think the song did too well as Ratt had peaked and were on that downhill slide, but it's still pretty cool. I had no intention of going to the concert at Nashville's Municipal Auditorium as I was never a huge fan of them, but Queensrÿche were opening and my friend JD was a bonafide Queensrÿche fan club member. So I went, heck JD may have even bought my ticket. My other friend JR (another J name!) who was a big metalhead came with us. We got to hang out by the Queensrÿche bus before the show. I got Chris DeGarmo's autograph. They were great live and then Ratt came on and let us know they'd be filming a video that night so we would get to hear "Slip of the Lip" twice that night as they got the video coverage they needed. I ended up having a great time that night. Note: the street and hotel scenes were filmed in New Orleans. 

Ratt - Slip of the Lip concert shots filmed at Nashville's Municipal Auditorium

The latest Lucy's Record Shop podcast featured Corey Kittrell who was (and still is) a cool dude who had a great zine back in the day called My God Shaves. Just hearing his voice again was a thrill. This awesome Tsunami song "Enter Misguided" was heard in the podcast and that reminded me of those 90's days when I used to correspond with Jenny Toomey. 

Tsunami - Enter Misguided

Last, but not least I'm enjoying the latest book from Jarvis Cocker. It's called Good Pop Bad Pop and it features lots of photos of items from his past along with his ever brilliant words explaining why those pieces of pop culture debris made him who he is today. It's very entertaining.


Do You Remember the First Time





















No comments: