Wednesday, August 03, 2022

August 3, 1984 (Revisiting the Past)

This is a diary of sorts chronicling August, 1984 through to December 1985 or somewhere thereabouts. Check back every day or so for new entries.

August 3, 1984.  Highs have been in the mid-80's with chance of thundershowers daily so….typical Tennessee summer weather. The movies playing in Murfreesboro. 

Martin Four

Cinema One and Two

Marbro Drive-In weekend showings only

The Summer Olympics were still going strong, but I had no interest in them. August 3, 1984 was a Friday so my television watching would concentrate on NBC's Friday Night Videos which ran from 11:30 PM until 1:00 AM. If I wasn't completely exhausted I'd watch Rock-N-America which came on next. If we had had cable I would have probably watched MTV all night. 

Friday Night Videos opening from sometime in 1984


Rock-N-America



No comments: